Saturday, June 5, 2010

Vegan Rosemary Cookies

Here is what I created today!

1 cup canola oil
1/2 cup soy milk
2/3 cup raw cane sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla
2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
3 cups unbleached flour
1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon gum arabic

1- mix the oil and soy milk at high speed til well blended and creamy. add the sugar and vanilla and mix again.
2- powder, in a plate, the salt and gum arabic together with a spoon.
3-  mix the flour salt gum arabic and baking powder then add the rosemary.
4- mix the flour mix and the liquids using a spoon.

the mix will make twelve 3-inch cookies. bake six at a time in a cookie pan in an oven preheated at 350 oF for about 8 minutes or untill the sides start turning golden/brown. cool them on a rack.
Enjoy with a cuppa peppermint tea.
  Cheers!

OH! P.S. I think I will try this again with 3/4 cup oil instead of 1... i think 1 is too much!


No comments:

Post a Comment